About High Fiber Cereals
Fiber that is Dietary fiber is known as roughage. These are part of plants which we consume as foods. These are found in cereals, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Our body does not absorb these high fiber cereals. Thus is cleans the body as it passes through the body. Stomach, intestines and the colon cleanse itself as this high fiber cereals pass through the stomach. People who suffer from constipation should consume more high fiber cereals to prevent and relieve constipation. Furthermore, it has other health benefits like, it helps to reduce weight, reduces the risk of heart disease, and helps in lowering diabetes.
- High fiber cereals help in bowel health and movements. It helps in bowel movement. It adds weight and softens the stools. Thus it decreases the chance of constipation. When loose stools are taking high fiber diet helps rectify this problem. Thus it reduces the risk of colon related diseases.
- Controls cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber found in these cereals lowers the level of bad cholesterol. Also, it reduces high blood pressure.
- Control blood sugar levels. Diabetic patients can control blood sugar levels by taking soluble dietary fiber. It decrease the absorption of sugar in the blood.
- High fiber cereals for reducing weight – These are more filling. Hence they keep the stomach full and reduces the hunger tendency. They contain fewer calories.
- For a long and healthy life – These foods decrease the risk of diseases and keeps the body healthy.
Add High- Fiber Cereals To Diet
Men and women below the age of 50 years, need around 25 to 38 grams of dietary fibers. People above the age of 51 require less fiber that is 21 to 30 grams. Using whole grain products, fruits, vegetables, beans, peas, other legumes, nuts, and seeds fulfills the fiber requirements. Refined and processed food are not as good as natural cereals. As the refining process removes the bran from the grains, it lowers the fiber content. Fiber supplements are not as good as high fiber cereals. They do not contain other beneficial nutrients that cereals contain. Cereals bars, granola bars, yogurt, and ice cream with added fiber are different ways to increase fiber in the diet. Thus, fiber supplements should be taken under medical prescription.
Thus infuse it in your breakfast. Consume more whole grains. Above all, increasing consumption of bread and baked foods is essential. Beans and lentils are a rich source of fibers. Combining them with other food items add health as well as taste. Fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins so they should be a part of the daily food course. Especially make snacks rich in high fiber. Fiber-rich snacks are the best way to increase fiber in the diet. Hence all these efforts will keep you away from diseases and make your core stronger. Digestion will be proper if a person takes sufficient high fiber cereals from the beginning. Along with all this drink, plenty of water for good health.